Causes and Treatment for Pinched Nerves
Pinched nerves can cause a uniquely painful and lifestyle-limiting condition. Pinched nerve pain is caused by increased pressure and irritation of spinal nerves. Cervical radiculopathy is one of the most common pinched nerve ailments--this is a pinched nerve in the neck or upper spine. Sciatica is another common form of pinched nerve which causes pain down the back of the leg. Pinched nerves are typically due to pressure on nerves from 1) nearby inflamed soft tissues including muscles 2) overgrown bone (bone spurs) 3) misaligned bones 4) bulging or herniated discs. Chiropractic can help you find relief if you’re suffering from the agony of a pinched nerve.
Symptoms of a pinched nerve
- Tingling sensation, like “pins and needles", in the arms or legs
- Arm or leg muscle weakness
Most common areas for pinches nerves
- Wrist or carpal tunnel (median nerve injury or irritation) from typing or repetitive wrist-area motion.
- Elbow (ulnar nerve) repetitive injury due to leaning on elbows often.
- Upper thigh (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve) often occurs during pregnancy due to expansion of the uterus.
- Sciatica (sciatic nerve pressure) causes pain that extends from back/spine into a hip or leg.
- Cervical spine (pinched nerve in the neck) causes pain/ tingling down into the shoulder blade and arm.
How our chiropractor can help ease a pinched nerve, naturally
Pinched nerves can cause sharp and recurring pain that often makes some people turn to medication. Unfortunately pain meds work only for a short time and can lead to a need for stronger forms of pain pills, and even to addiction. Chiropractors use only natural methods to relieve body pain and promote overall wellness and strength. Our methods, including hands-on spinal adjustment, can not only relieve your current painful symptoms, but also help prevent future injuries that cause pinched nerve pain.
Schedule an appointment with St. Joseph Chiropractic
If you’re in pain from a pinched nerve, please make an appointment with St. Joseph Chiropractic today!! Call us at 816-279-0700. Ask us about our FREE exam and consultation!!